|Main Archive Page > Month Archives > samba-users archives|
On 05/21/2010 06:32 PM, Nick Irvine wrote:
> Hi all,
> I've got winbind up and running on two servers, but the UID/GIDs don't
> match up. After educating myself a little, I think I would like to use
> the idmap_rid backend. I have set up the smb.conf's accordingly, but
> after restarting samba/winbind services, my UIDs and GIDs are still the
> old ones. I realize this will break stuff on the filesystem, but am
> prepared to fix it by hand.
I had that problem, until I started using the idmap_ad backend, and
assigning the UIDs and GIDs in Active Directory, and just reading them
using the AD backend.
-- To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the instructions: https://lists.samba.org/mailman/options/samba