samba-users May 2010 archive
Main Archive Page > Month Archives  > samba-users archives
samba-users: Re: [Samba] Problems 'make'ing on Solaris 9.

Re: [Samba] Problems 'make'ing on Solaris 9.

From: <christoph.beyer_at_nospam>
Date: Fri May 07 2010 - 09:35:19 GMT
To: Collin Baillie <collin@xorotude.com>

Hi,

I just did built 3.5.2 on solaris 10 sparc and had some similar errors.
Main thing is probably to make upsolutely sure that none of the
krb/ldap/sasl headers of solaris are used. I attached a built script which
figured out to work for me, it does not look very professional but I did a
lot of testing with it and did not touch it again since it was working.
Maybe it gives you some hints for compiling on solaris 9 as well..

good luck
christoph

On Fri, 7 May 2010, Collin Baillie wrote:

>
>
> Hi list! I'm trying to build Samba 3.4.7 with ADS support on Solaris 9
> and experiencing a heap of problems (which seem to be common). First of my
> system: Solaris 9 SPARC > uname -a
> SunOS sunfire2 5.9 Generic_122300-08
> sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V240 Solaris Using GCC 3.4.6 from sunfreeware
> (with all noted dependancies installed) > gcc --version
> gcc (GCC)
> 3.4.6
> Copyright (C) 2006 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
> This is free
> software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO
> warranty; not
> even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Make version
> 3.81 > make --version
> GNU Make 3.81
> Copyright (C) 2006 Free Software
> Foundation, Inc.
> This is free software; see the source for copying
> conditions.
> There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS
> FOR A
> PARTICULAR PURPOSE. This program built for sparc-sun-solaris2.9 The
> problem I have been experiencing is a fail during the make sequence. I got
> the good old error of libtalloc.so.1 link script missing. In fact, when I
> manually expanded all the 'macros' ( ie $(LIBSMB_OBJ) ) and produce the
> entire gcc command, libtalloc.so.1 builds successfully, as do a number of
> other libs after it. libaddns.so.0 built ok by itself, and then I had to do
> a couple more. Finally I have arrived at the build of bin/smbd. Even with
> hand parsing the gcc command line, I am getting errors about undefined
> references to functions: > make
> Using CFLAGS = -I/usr/local/include -O -I.
> -I/export/home/cbaillie/samba/samba-3.4.7/source3
> -I/export/home/cbaillie/samba/samba-3.4.7/source3/iniparser/src -Iinclude
> -I./include -I. -I. -I./../lib/replace -I./../lib/talloc -I./../lib/tevent
> -I./../lib/tdb/include -I./libaddns -I./librpc -I./.. -DHAVE_CONFIG_H
> -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/include -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_REENTRANT
> -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DLDAP_DEPRECATED -DSUNOS5
> -I/export/home/cbaillie/samba/samba-3.4.7/source3/lib -I.. -I../source4
> -D_SAMBA_BUILD_=3 -D_SAMBA_BUILD_=3
> PICFLAG = -fPIC
> LIBS = -lsendfile
> -lresolv -lrt -ldl -lnsl -lsocket -liconv -laio
> LDFLAGS = -pie
> -L/usr/local/lib -R/usr/local/lib -R/usr/lib -L/usr/openwin/lib
> -R/usr/openwin/lib -L/usr/local/ssl/lib -R/usr/local/ssl/lib
> -L/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2/lib -R/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.7/lib -lthread
> -L./bin
> DYNEXP = -Wl,-E
> LDSHFLAGS = -G -L/usr/local/lib -R/usr/local/lib
> -R/usr/lib -L/usr/openwin/lib -R/usr/openwin/lib -L/usr/local/ssl/lib
> -R/usr/local/ssl/lib -L/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2/lib
> -R/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.7/lib -lthread -L./bin
> SHLIBEXT = so
> SONAMEFLAG
> = -Wl,-soname=
> Linking
> bin/smbd
> /usr/local/lib/gcc/sparc-sun-solaris2.9/3.4.6/../../../../sparc-sun-solaris2.9/bin/ld:
> warning: libcom_err.so.1, needed by /usr/local/lib/libasn1.so, may
> conflict with
> libcom_err.so.3
> /usr/local/lib/gcc/sparc-sun-solaris2.9/3.4.6/../../../../sparc-sun-solaris2.9/bin/ld:
> warning: libtalloc.so, needed by /usr/local/lib/libwbclient.so, not found
> (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)
> smbd/mangle_hash.o: In function
> `mangle_hash_init':
> mangle_hash.c:(.text+0x15ac): undefined reference to
> `tdb_open_ex'
> rpc_parse/parse_prs.o: In function
> `tdb_prs_fetch':
> parse_prs.c:(.text+0x31cc): undefined reference to
> `tdb_fetch'
> passdb/secrets.o: In function
> `open_schannel_session_store':
> secrets.c:(.text+0x2b70): undefined
> reference to `tdb_close'
> secrets.c:(.text+0x2c18): undefined reference to
> `tdb_close'
> passdb/secrets.o: In function
> `secrets_store_schannel_session_info':
> secrets.c:(.text+0x2f38): undefined
> reference to `tdb_close'
> passdb/secrets.o: In function
> `secrets_restore_schannel_session_info':
> secrets.c:(.text+0x3094):
> undefined reference to `tdb_close'
> secrets.c:(.text+0x31a0): undefined
> reference to `tdb_close'
> passdb/secrets.o:secrets.c:(.text+0x3268): more
> undefined references to `tdb_close' follow
> libsmb/unexpected.o: In function
> `unexpected_packet':
> unexpected.c:(.text+0x1a0): undefined reference to
> `tdb_store'
> -- snip -- and so on. Is anyone out there more experienced with
> compiling OSS stuff on Solaris/SPARC willing to help with this build? We
> were running 3.0.25b happily, until a recent reboot when we discovered our
> shiney new Windows 2008 domain controllers don't play nicely with that
> version. Now trying to get our production server back online with a newer
> version. Regards, Collin Baillie
> --
> To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the
> instructions: https://lists.samba.org/mailman/options/samba
>

best regards
         ~christoph

-- /* Christoph Beyer | Office: Building 2b / 23 *\ * DESY | Phone: 040-8998-2317 * * - IT - | Fax: 040-8998-4060 * \* 22603 Hamburg | http://www.desy.de */

-- To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the instructions: https://lists.samba.org/mailman/options/samba