|Main Archive Page > Month Archives > clamav-users archives|
ClamAV 0.98.2 has been released!
ClamAV 0.98.2 has been released, and is available here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/clamav/files/clamav/0.98.2/, below are the highlighted changes and fixes from this release!
Here are the new features and improvements in ClamAV 0.98.2:
- Support for common raw disk image formats using 512 byte sectors,
specifically GPT, APM, and MBR partitioning.
- Experimental support of OpenIOC files. ClamAV will now extract file
hashes from OpenIOC files residing in the signature database location,
and generate ClamAV hash signatures. ClamAV uses no other OpenIOC
features at this time. No OpenIOC files will be delivered through
freshclam. See openioc.org<http://openioc.org> and iocbucket.com<http://iocbucket.com> for additional information
- All ClamAV sockets (clamd, freshclam, clamav-milter, clamdscan, clamdtop)
now support IPV6 addresses and configuration parameters.
- Use OpenSSL file hash functions for improved performance. OpenSSL
is now prerequisite software for ClamAV 0.98.2.
- Improved detection of malware scripts within image files. Issue reported
by Maarten Broekman.
- Change to circumvent possible denial of service when processing icons within
specially crafted PE files. Icon limits are now in place with corresponding
clamd and clamscan configuration parameters. This issue was reported by
- Improvements to the fidelity of the ClamAV pattern matcher, an issue
reported by Christian Blichmann.
- Opt-in collection of statistics. Statistics collected are: sizes and MD5
hashes of files, PE file section counts and section MD5 hashes, and names
and counts of detected viruses. Enable statistics collection with the
--enable-stats clamscan flag or StatsEnabled clamd configuration
- Improvements to ClamAV build process, unit tests, and platform support with
assistance and suggestions by Sebastian Andrzej Siewior, Scott Kitterman,
and Dave Simonson.
- Patch by Arkadiusz Miskiewicz to improve error handling in freshclam.
- ClamAV 0.98.2 also includes miscellaneous bug fixes and documentation
Thanks to the following ClamAV community members for sending patches or reporting
bugs and issues that are addressed in ClamAV 0.98.2:
Sebastian Andrzej Siewior
-- REGARDING OPENSSL In addition, as a special exception, the copyright holders give permission to link the code of portions of this program with the OpenSSL library under certain conditions as described in each individual source file, and distribute linked combinations including the two. You must obey the GNU General Public License in all respects for all of the code used other than OpenSSL. If you modify file(s) with this exception, you may extend this exception to your version of the file(s), but you are not obligated to do so. If you do not wish to do so, delete this exception statement from your version. If you delete this exception statement from all source files in the program, then also delete it here. _______________________________________________ Help us build a comprehensive ClamAV guide: https://github.com/vrtadmin/clamav-faq http://www.clamav.net/support/ml