How to install nagios to Engarde

Discuss open-source security software and projects

Moderators: scrumpy, Dave, leihog

How to install nagios to Engarde

Postby rajeewa on Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:39 am

Dear all,

Any one can help me how to compile Nagios server and Syslog server to engarde,becaus i want to monitor my cisco switch login and traffic through the engarde

:idea: :|
Thanks
Rajeewa
rajeewa

Re: How to install nagios to Engarde

Postby Dave on Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:14 pm

rajeewa wrote:Dear all,

Any one can help me how to compile Nagios server and Syslog server to engarde,becaus i want to monitor my cisco switch login and traffic through the engarde

:idea: :|
Thanks
Rajeewa

Hi,

Nagios is included with EnGarde and should be available during installation.

http://wiki.engardelinux.org/index.php/ ... otes3.0.22

Regards,
Dave
Dave
Site Admin

Postby rajeewa on Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:35 am

Lot of Thanks DAVE,

sorry for the inconvenience for me to solve this matter dave.imnot big guy with linux but i can mange little bit my self.i appreciate u things,but modules is available thourgh the webtool is not there ,i want to compile this to setup to nagios appear to WEbtool or some other way to can display .

i submit other question i supposed u give help me out my problem.

Update Issuse

First I getting error code 7 and I update my machine details from login user page, then I getting ERROR 6 but I follow the wiki page instruction and do the way they done form myself. Still is ERROR 6 is coming and I can’t update my server from it.
my Activation Password also OK .but still getting error..

Other issues DNS issuse

i follow the video in the Setup the DNS server but how can i check my DNS server working properly .
i check dig and nslookup command using to check the DNS but its not response from that ,any other additional configuration to done my side check the this issues
if there any issues when setup engrade in VMware machine and any additional network card want setup secure DNS with MAIL server with samr engrade machine

i hope u give me at least good answer for this matters

Rajeewa
Engrade User
rajeewa

Postby Dave on Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:25 pm

rajeewa wrote:Lot of Thanks DAVE,
sorry for the inconvenience for me to solve this matter dave.imnot big guy with linux but i can mange little bit my self.i appreciate u things,but modules is available thourgh the webtool is not there ,i want to compile this to setup to nagios appear to WEbtool or some other way to can display .

Nagios v3 is included with EnGarde v3:

First I getting error code 7 and I update my machine details from login user page, then I getting ERROR 6 but I follow the wiki page instruction and do the way they done form myself. Still is ERROR 6 is coming and I can’t update my server from it.
my Activation Password also OK .but still getting error..

Read the GDSN wiki entry for the error codes. You have a bad password. Refer to the email that you received when you registered.

http://wiki.engardelinux.org/index.php/GDSN_Error_Codes

i follow the video in the Setup the DNS server but how can i check my DNS server working properly .
i check dig and nslookup command using to check the DNS but its not response from that ,any other additional configuration to done my side check the this issues
if there any issues when setup engrade in VMware machine and any additional network card want setup secure DNS with MAIL server with samr engrade machine

Why are you trying to set up a nameserver? Is it really necessary? If not, you can specify a nameserver using the WebTool or editing /etc/resolv.conf directly.

If you are trying to set up a nameserver, are you able to ping other hosts on your network by IP address? If not, your network controller is probably not configured properly.

If so, can you ping hosts beyond your network by IP address, such as 74.125.67.100 (google.com)? If not, you are probably being blocked by a firewall or your default route is not properly set.

You should be able to find more logging information in /var/chroot/named/var/log. See if there is any indication of problems there. You should also have your nameserver listed in /etc/resolv.conf.

Regards,
Dave
Dave
Site Admin

Postby rajeewa on Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:41 pm

Lot of Thanks DAVE,

Nagios v3 is included with EnGarde v3:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Thanks for u help Dave,

My point is dave how can i setup nagios through the WEBtool or is there any posibilty to setup through the WEBtool .

give some clue to setup this dave

Thanks
Rajeewa
rajeewa

Postby Dave on Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:40 pm

rajeewa wrote:Thanks for u help Dave,

Sure!
My point is dave how can i setup nagios through the WEBtool or is there any posibilty to setup through the WEBtool .

Sorry, not at this time.

It's not that difficult to configure, though. Start with reading the simple configuration instructions at nagios.org.

Regards,
Dave
Dave
Site Admin

Postby paulfinn31 on Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:33 pm

Hello guy thanks for sharing all your experience in installing..I'm new with Linux and I found this thread very educating and helpful.
paulfinn31

Postby haidivolume on Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:07 am

Post by rajeewa on Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:39 am. Dear all, Any one can help me how to compile Nagios server and Syslog server
haidivolume

Postby Dave on Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:23 pm

haidivolume wrote:Post by rajeewa on Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:39 am. Dear all, Any one can help me how to compile Nagios server and Syslog server
Hi, configuring a syslog server is easy. Configure /etc/syslog-ng.conf to accept UDP messages:

# Uncomment on host that is to be network LOGSERVER
source net { udp(); };

Restart the syslog server and it should begin to log messages from remote hosts:

/etc/init.d/sysklogd restart

For building a nagios server, you should be able to install nagios like this:

apt-get install nagios nagios-plugins nagios-www

Once you've installed it, follow the normal instructions for configuring Nagios.

Please do let us know how you make out!

Best regards,
Dave
Dave
Site Admin

Return to Secure Open Source. Free Software.