Better doc to help installation

Questions, comments, or suggestions on how to improve the EnGarde Secure Linux community.

Moderators: scrumpy, Dave, leihog

Better doc to help installation

Postby patlecat on Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:53 am

I had a lot of problems to find out how to get internet access to complete the installation. Although the LiveCD detects the DHCP server on my router and also asks me what language i speak, it somehow forgets all of this and defaults to english-keyboard (very annoying) and 192.168.10.100.
As some people install Linux at home behind a router/firewall and not only in a corporate environment, the doc should state how to deal with this. And I must say that I'm not a Linux pro, it took me considerable time to browse my books and to search online to find out how solve this. Not a nice start.

Solution:
I had to change the IP manually (with ifconfig) to 192.168.0.x, because my router only allows IPs in that range! I also had to add my routers IP as the Gateway-IP (through WebTools) to be able to reach the internet!
But!! To be able to change the Gateways IP through WebTool I had to find out how to circumvent the still incomplete registration/installation process!!
patlecat

Re: Better doc to help installation

Postby wkeys on Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:12 am

hi

Thank you for posting your suggestion we will look into it.

Thank you again
~BIll
wkeys

Return to Suggestions