Mail Server (MTA)

Discuss open-source security software and projects

Moderators: scrumpy, Dave, leihog

Mail Server (MTA)

Postby raleigh on Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:10 am

May I know what EnGarde is using to serve mails? Does it compatible for outlook or eudora clients? POP3 and/or IMAP? Are there any documentation about it? I'm also new to linux and mail service is one thing that I really need... thank you in advance...
raleigh

Re: Mail Server (MTA)

Postby ryan on Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:50 am

raleigh wrote:May I know what EnGarde is using to serve mails? Does it compatible for outlook or eudora clients? POP3 and/or IMAP? Are there any documentation about it? I'm also new to linux and mail service is one thing that I really need... thank you in advance...

EnGarde Secure Linux uses the Postfix MTA and uw-imap IMAP/POP3 services. IMAP and POP3 in EnGarde are wrapped in, and only accessible via, SSL. EnGarde is standards-based and works with just about every MUA ("mail client") such as Outlook and Eudora. You just need to configure them to use SPOP3 (POP3 over SSL, port 995) or SIMAP (IMAP over SSL, port 993).

Hope this answers your question, and welcome to EnGarde!

-r
ryan
Site Admin

RE: Mail Server (MTA)

Postby raleigh on Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:14 am

Thank you for the information but would it be better to have a HOWTO or a more detailed document about installing and maintaining a mail server with EnGarde Secure Linux... As we all know that mail service is one of the most common uses of a server... This was also posted here. This is also for the benefit of everyone here in EnGarde Secure Linux. Thank you in advance...

*I just noticed now that my post is OFF TOPIC, kindly moved this to Installation or General Discussion forum...
raleigh

Return to Secure Open Source. Free Software.